Friday 22 March 2013

the beautiful briny sea

today I have decided to do a make-up tutorial on an Avon product, although I believe you could recreate this look with 4 different shades of blue! I tested out my new Avon True Colour Eyeshadow Quad and got some pretty amazing results. It's on sale at the moment for an amazing £4 so I seriously recommend getting your hands on one (although it appears they have run out of this exact shade!)

So firstly, here's a photo to show what the set looks like, the box and the brush, plus a handful of other make-up I used too. I'd like to point out that I didn't have anyone to photography me putting it on so sorry for the lack of photos of me actually putting it on! I also never put on skin make up before my eyes in case I mess up, hence the dodgy skin until the end :)


In my hand: Max Factor Colour Blend liquid foundation; Collection 2000 Cover Stick; No. 17 Liquid Eyeliner; Naturals Collection Eyeliner Pencil


this is what I started with! a plain eye *note* I had already done my other eye at this point so in this tutorial I will be doing my left eye!


firstly I applied the medium blue colour to my entire eyelid (the eye on the right) and made sure to make it quite thick. here you can actually see the difference in how big my eye looks due to the make up!


next, I applied the darkest shade of blue to just the outside corner of my eye and blended it in. I also added the lightest shade just in the crease of my eyelid (you can just about make out the light white-ish strip above the main colours). I did this for a while until  I was happy!


I finally added a line of black liquid eyeliner, pencil eyeliner and mascara just to make my eyes stand out. the cover stick and foundation is mostly under my eyes.


a final picture of me crossing my eyes! you can see how I have done the liquid eyeliner on the top, and note I always only do the pencil eyeliner on half of my bottom eyeliner, I promise you it will make your eye look bigger :)

so that's it! my only bug bear about this set was the fact that it didn't come with any instructions and had to work it out for myself! but as someone who is big on eye make-up, I was really impressed and highly recommend getting a quad set like it!

what's your favourite eye make-up style?


No comments:

Post a Comment